Welcome New P.S.261 families!
The P.S.261 PTA Afterschool is a parent-led, professionally directed after school program offering affordable, high-quality childcare with enrichment classes to our community, Pre-K through 5th grade.
In normal times, we offer 75 different arts and athletic classes in Fall, Winter, and Spring sessions, serving more than 250 children each weekday. We also produce a spectacular Spring Musical.
Afterschool is preparing as best we can for September 2020. As of this writing, July 23rd, we don’t yet have guidance from the DOE on whether after-school programming may operate in school buildings.
We’ll tell you the news as soon as we know: Please be sure to register your family’s contact email address through our PS261 PTA Afterschool online registration system:
To register successfully, you will need the following:
- Your family’s contact information including an email address and a phone number.
- Your child’s birthdate plus medical, allergy, and related information.
- Emergency contacts authorized pick-ups and their phone numbers.
- A method of payment to keep on file: ACH or “E-Check” is strongly preferred. Grab your checkbook to find your bank account and routing numbers. You may also use a Visa or MasterCard debit card or credit card.
Other Good Stuff to Know:
- All families new to Afterschool should register to create a new account.
- Returning PS261 family? Access your Family account via your Parent Portal.
- Need a paper registration form, or prefer to register over the phone? Contact Director Sandra Bodden at [email protected].
- Families must keep a payment method on file; however, you may opt to pay your tuition bill via Zelle, check, or cash. No registration fees or tuition payments are due unless you actually enroll your child in fall Afterschool programming. The one-time annual registration fee is usually $50-$75, although, it has not yet been set for the 2020-21 school year. All payment information is encrypted and held securely by the Jackrabbit payment processor partner.