Good news: our new online registration system, Jackrabbit, is running great! Now that class registration has started, we want to explain how the payment system will work. To boil it down:
- Families register for classes for the semester; if you haven’t yet done so, go do it now!
- This Friday, we will charge the $75 per family registration fee for all families enrolled in Fall Session classes to their primary payment method in Jackrabbit. Contact Sandra in the Afterschool office if the registration fee is a financial hardship, or to make other payment arrangements, by Thursday, August 29th.
- On the 1st of the month, Jackrabbit calculates how much you’ll owe that month, and automatically sends you an invoice.
- On the 10th of the month, if you do nothing — which is totally fine! — Jackrabbit will automatically debit whatever form of primary payment you registered with (preferably your bank account/ACH, or maybe your credit card).
- So if you want to pay some other way (cash, check, Zelle, other credit card, etc) you just need to deliver that payment to Sandra in the Afterschool office before the 10th.
We think this system will be simpler and easier for the vast majority of you, since you don’t have to remember to make payments. But if anyone has questions or concerns, they should feel free to send us an email asking!
After School Director – Sandra Bodden (Room B2) 718-330-9275 ext. 5016
All afterschool inquiries, email Sandra Bodden: [email protected]
The Afterschool Admin Team
After School Assistant Director – Tania Adelphin (Room B2) (718) 330-9275 x5016
After School Coordinators – Ricky Merisier and James Virola
Afterschool Counselors & Doug!
The PTA Afterschool Program is open to Pre-K through 5th Grade students from 2:40 pm until 6 pm every day that school is in session. Service is available on half-days from 11:40am-3pm and 3pm-6pm.
The PS261 Afterschool Committee, a group of parent volunteers who oversee the Afterschool program, strives to make sure our program meets the needs of the 261 community. If you would like to join the Afterschool Committee, we’d love to have you! Please contact one of the committee chairs.
Afterschool Committee Co-Chairs
Sophia Straker-Babb, [email protected]
and Nancy Ziegler Nayar, [email protected]
After School Treasurer
Tate Hausman [email protected]
Your child cannot start the program on the same day you hand in the application form (No Exceptions!). There is a one-week (7 days) waiting period before your child is admitted to the program. This waiting period is essential to ensure the safety of our Afterschool community.