The middle school process for the 2019-2020 school year will begin in early October. The application deadline is December 2nd.
In the first week of October, families will receive a welcome letter from the DOE in the mail containing their PIN number, which they can use to create their MySchools profile.
PS 261 family information session on Wednesday, October 10th at 8:35 AM in the auditorium.
Please bookmark and visit the DOE Middle School page as it is a great resource. It has videos explaining how offers are made and other useful information. We also recommend that parents subscribe to the DOE’s middle school admissions email newsletter at https://www.schools.nyc.gov/Connect
The District 15 Middle School Fair is on Monday, October 28th, from 5:00-7:30 PM at the Park Slope Educational Complex (M.S. 88). M.S. 88 is at 544 7th Avenue.
The DOE is revising the middle school admissions process for Fall 2020 enrollment based on feedback from families and schools. These improvements will make admissions simpler for school staff and families:
- One Main Application Round: Families will apply using a single application (October–December), and receive a single school offer in March.
- Waitlists: Middle schools will begin using waitlists to fill any vacant seats by contacting and making offers to families (March–September). There will be no appeals round.
- Family Welcome Center Support (FWC): Families will be able to visit a FWC for enrollment support as soon as offers are released (March–ongoing).
Middle School Websites
- Brooklyn School for Collaborative Studies (BCS) Tour Dates: Tues 10/8 (5:45-7 PM) Tues 10/29 (5:45-7 PM) Sat 11/2 (10-11:15 AM) Sat 11/2 (1-2:15 PM) Tues 11/19 (5:45-7 PM) Sign Up For Tours Here
- Boerum Hill School for International Studies Open House is October 17th at 6 PM. More dates will be added on September 24th, check their website. Sign up for Open House Here
- MS 136 Charles Dewey Middle School Two Open Houses: October 3rd, 8:15-9:15 AM and November 7th ,8:15-9:15 AM. Tours every Friday at 9:00 a.m. with interpretation in four languages. No need to register for Open Houses or tours, families can just show up.
- MS 442, Carroll Garden School for Innovation Open House TBD.
- MS 88, Park Slope Educational Complex Tours will be held on the following dates: Oct 22nd, Nov, 12th, 19th and 26th. Sign up for a tour here.
- MS 51 November 16, 23 which are Saturdays and Monday, November 25 in the evening.
- MS 447 October, 22 and Nov. 2, (only 5th-grade families, please). Sign up for Open House here.
- MS 839. You can now sign up for tours here.
- New Voices Tours are by appointment only. Please call OR email parent coordinator Enid Parra at 718-965-0390, ext 4106.
- Park Slope Collegiate Open House dates will be 10/30 & 11/6 @6-7:30PM. If you have any questions please email Steffen Nelson, the parent coordinator.
- Sunset Park Prep/821 Two Open House events: October 30th from 5:30-7:30 PM and Saturday, November 23rd from 10 AM-11:30 AM. There will also be two during-school hour tours: November 6th and 13th from 9:45 AM-11:00 AM. To RSVP for any of these events please call Evelyn Deliz, at 718.840.1951, extension 4591.
Charter Middle Schools
City Wide Schools
- Institute for Collaborative Studies (ICE)
- Mark Twain I.S. 239
- NEST + m
- Professional Performing Arts School
- Special Music School (Kaufman Center)
- The Anderson School PS334